Terms and Conditions
Approval and editing
All vacancies submitted to Victoria University’s Learning Hub Online website are normally reviewed and approved by Learning Hub staff within two working days. Vacancies are processed Monday to Friday from 9am to 4:30pm, except when the university is closed.
Victoria University reserves the right to reject or withdraw any advertisement from Learning Hub Online without notice or reason, and to alter any aspect of advertisements approved for publishing. Reasons for doing this may include:
- Where non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions has occurred;
- The opportunity is deemed not be be fitting within the general intent and purposes of the online jobs board;
- Misleading or incorrect information has been provided;
- A complaint about the employer or advertiser has been received;
- Where non-compliance with the law is reasonably suspected;
- The vacancy is considered to be inappropriate.
Victoria University Learning Hub will not approve vacancies that:
- are paid by commission only
- are paid at less than award wages
- are based on independent contracting arrangements (self-employment)*
- involve any illegal activity
- are unpaid, voluntary positions where the advertiser is a for-profit or private enterprise – advertisers offering work experience positions should contact the school or faculty direct.
- are unpaid, voluntary postitions where the applicant is expected to pay for or purchase equipment to facilitate the activity
- require employees to pay a deposit or fee, to purchase a product or to pay for training as a condition of employment
- related to services offered where no specific job is available
Advertisers must comply with the Workplace Relations Act 1996, Trade Practices Act 1974, Fair Trading Act 1999, Equal Opportunity Act 1995, Racial Discrimination act 1975, Privacy Act 1988, Sex Discrimination Act 1984, Disability Discrimination Act 1994, Age Discrimination Act 2004, Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission Act 1986 as well as applicable anti-discrimination and fair trade laws in the advertiser’s State or Territory of operation.
Although the Learning Hub Online website is intended for use by Victoria University students and recent graduates only, we cannot guarantee that others will not view and apply for advertised vacancies. Victoria University accepts no responsibility for screening applicants and gives no assurance as to the suitability of any student, graduate or other person who applies for any advertised position.
Victoria University and its staff are not liable to advertisers and other users in respect of any loss or damage that may arise directly or indirectly from the use of Learning Hub Online or related sites.
Advertisers agree to indemnify Victoria University’s Center for Student Success and its staff against all liabilities, costs, action and charges incurred by Learning Hub as a result of an advertiser’s use of Learning Hub Online (CareerHub).
Use of data
Victoria University may at any time use information provided by advertisers to contact them regarding issues with specific postings, Learning Hub Online service information, additional employer services and other related VU activities. Information provided is for the sole use of Learning Hub for these purposes.
These Terms and Conditions may change at any time without notice.